iHub By Mugethi Gitau / December 17, 2013
Nairobi JS Inaugural Workshop
He did a demo of the code behind http://v2.thedevs.org – a web portal that he is building to empower developers from the rural areas and the outskirts of the tech centres to connect and build stronger tech communities. He showed how easy it will be for any one from any county in Kenya to create a usergroup like Nairobi JS and organise events so as to make it lively. This may impact the future of tech communities not just in Kenya but the rest of the world. It will also be a huge step in towards the achievement of the Vision 2030 goals.
http://v2.thedevs.org is built on BackBone JS and Leaflet JS. The front end frameworks pull data from a server-side API that is built on the Laravel PHP framework. It is still a work in progress that @techytimo promised to launch by January. He shared the code with the eager learners.
Nairobi JS will be holding a usergroup meetup once every last Saturday of the month as from 2014. All front-end developers and enthusiasts are welcome to join the discussion.
One can join here:
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Success Through Failure – Third Time’s The Charm!
- August Kids Hacker Camp: Maker-Breaker Day
- < Job hunting for techies 101 > – How it went down
- Wireless Wednesday- Opportunities and Challenges for Adoption of mHealth Solutions in Kenya
- 6 Things A Nairobi Matatu Tout Can Teach You About Business