iHub By Angela Okune / November 12, 2013
Sign up for the ICCM Pre-Conference Training Day
Cross-posted from Text on Techs (Heather Leson)
You’re invited to a skillshare pre-conference day with fellow Crisismappers. The International Conference of CrisisMappers (ICCM) will be held November 18 – 22, 2013 in Nairobi, Kenya. (About the full ICCM Conference.)
If you just want to attend the pre-conference training, you are very welcome! It is open to EVERYONE for a small fee ($50.00) paid to the ICCM conference. The trainers and speakers are local and national leaders. We hope you will join us at the ihub on Tuesday, November 19, 2013.
About the Training
ICCM Training Day will have 4 tracks: Mobile/Security, Maps, Data and Knowledge. Each track will have sub-sessions and directed training. Participants can elect to join in one whole track or pick the individual sessions within the tracks. The purpose of this to give more hands-on training and allow folks to learn/share in smaller groups.
This is our ICCM Pre-conference day Draft Schedule. (Note it will be updated in the coming days)
We will add more details about the sessions and the bios of the speakers/trainers here.
iHub Research is co-hosting the Knowledge track together with Internews and will speak on a panel about how to evaluate innovation and also how to use the new 3Vs Framework for Election Crowdsourcing. Often, we find ourselves scratching our heads to see what went wrong after a deployment of technology. As technology deployers and engaged researchers, it is important we think through the possible challenges of utilizing ICTs before launching tech-based projects. We will discuss these challenges, as well as how to potentially address them, at the ICCM Pre-Conference Training Day.
How can I join?
If you have any outstanding questions, send a note to Heatherleson @ gmail DOT com with the subject line – ICCM Pre-Conference Help wanted. Then, complete the registration. If you have questions about the full conference – please contact melissa at crisismappers dot net.
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Success Through Failure – Third Time’s The Charm!
- August Kids Hacker Camp: Maker-Breaker Day
- < Job hunting for techies 101 > – How it went down
- Wireless Wednesday- Opportunities and Challenges for Adoption of mHealth Solutions in Kenya
- 6 Things A Nairobi Matatu Tout Can Teach You About Business
Tag Cloudafrica Akirachix apps community dangerous speech design developers Entrepreneurship event gaming ict iHub iHubResearch (R@iHub) Innovation Intel kenya m:lab microsoft mobile nairobi open data outreach PIVOT25 Research Social Entrepreneurship startups Tech Technology training Umati
- Microsoft Myskills4afrika training: Building a Messaging and Storytelling Framework
- Interested in Information Security? We’re offering a class!
- Microsoft Virtual Tools Training
- Affordable business management training at the iHub – December 5th
- Updated – Affordable business training for entrepreneurs and community members at iHub