iHub By Josiah Mugambi / November 29, 2013
Marketing and PR with Patricia Mbatia on Monday 2nd Dec from 3pm
Being involved in a startup means that at some point you will need to go and sell your product to your target market. However technology is not a prerequisite for business success, but marketing is.
Patricia Mbatia, one of Kenya’s better known marketers will be holding a session on Marketing and PR at the iHub on Monday 2nd Dec from 3-5pm. This session will be open to all and free of charge.
Anyone in business will benefit greatly from her experience with marketing that spans several years. This session will certainly be of benefit to young tech startups seeking to grow their market as well as brand themselves.
Patricia has over 15 Years of experience in Advertising, Public Relations and Consumer Marketing. After a brief stint creating and running an Art School, shortly after graduating with a B.Ed Honours Degree from Moi University, she worked at Ayton Young & Rubicam for 3 years in various capacities including Production, Traffic and Client Service Executive.
Then she helped start up Silver Bullet PR and worked there for 1 year as Account Manager handling KenCell, KWAL and KLM. She then joined MultiChoice/DStv as Corporate Afairs and PR Manager and spent 8 years turning the little known South African Company into a household name.
She then took over the reins of EXP, the pioneer experiential agency in Kenya that had fallen onto hard times. As Country Manager for 6 years, she re-engineered the company and delivered its highest revenues in its 20 year existence. She worked with companies such as Unilever, GSK, Coca-Cola, Safaricom, Haco Tiger Brands, Samsung, BAT, DStv, BBC, Resolution Health and Co-op Bank. Some of the projects handled include the Samsung Africa Forum 2011, The Coca-Cola Trophy Tour and World Cup Consumer engagement, all Safaricom Events as the events retainer agency, the launches of various Samsung phones including the Note, Note II, S3, S4 and Galaxy Pocket.
She has been recognised as below:
- PR Professional of the Year;
- PR Golden Shepard for outstanding lifetime contribution to the PR field in Kenya;
- MSK Marketing Warrior;
- MSK Best NGO Campaign for World Bank/ IFC Solar Community Engagement;
- MSK Best Corporate Launch for Coca-Cola – A billion Reasons to believe in Africa;
- Best Product Launch for Samsung Galaxy Note.
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Expert Talk – IBM’s Research Dr. Kommie Weldemariam
- Its Cloudy Today: Goodbye Cluster, Hello Cloud
- PIVOT East partners with Tech hubs for 2014 startups competition
- Screening of Girl Rising – empowering young women in ICT and entrepreneurship
- Why calling yourself a Startup could be Killing your Business