iHub By Mugethi Gitau / November 19, 2013
High School Bootcamp Reloaded!!
Reblogged from AkiraChix.com
Its that time of the year again . Last year, our focus was design, this year, we focus on mobile app development. AkiraChix is set to host yet another bootcamp targeting young girls in high school between the 2nd and 6th of December 2013.
High School girls at past AkiraChix events
This bootcamp will focus on mobile app development with Android AppInventor. AppInventor is a fun and simple tool that allows our young code divas to create their own mobile apps using draganddrop the programming blocks similar to a puzzle to make the user interface and program. No prior programming experience is required for this class.
The program will cost 2,000 KES per student.
Are you a girl aged between 15 and 18? Or do you know a girl between these ages who would be interested in participating? Sign up on this eventbrite page AND Get in touch with Marie Githinji via firstname.lastname@example.org for details on how to handle payment, with the name and school of the student.
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Calling all Kenyan startups to attend Ventureburn Meetup
- What Tracking Misinformation in Tana Delta Entails
- Latin ‘desired things’
- [Podcast] M:lab East Africa Interview with Sheilah Birgen
- [Apply] : The 2015 Green Pioneer Accelerator Program launches in Kenya and South Africa
Tag Cloudafrica Akirachix apps community dangerous speech design developers Entrepreneurship event fireside chat ict iHub iHubResearch (R@iHub) Innovation Intel kenya m:lab microsoft mobile nairobi open data PIVOT25 Research Social Entrepreneurship startups Tech Technology training Umati ushahidi
- Launch: Global Innovation Competition to make all voices count
- AkiraChix Women’s Conference: 1st November, 2014
- [Podcast] Talk about women in Tech with Linda Kamau co-founder of Akirachix
- [Sign up] August 2014 Graphic Design Bootcamp!
- Kenya’s BRCK raises $1.2M to connect the last mile to the internet