iHub By Rachel Gichinga / October 10, 2013
Intel Gaming Challenge – Almost Here!
This Saturday, 12th October 2013, the first ever Intel Gaming Challenge goes down at the iHub and Nailab! We’re pleased to announce that we’ll be featuring local games Leti Games and Ma3 Racer, as well as allowing the hardcore gamers in our midst to compete in League of Legends, with some fantastic prizes to be given away to the winners.
Other games to be played include Asphalt 7 Heat, Real Football 2013, Kung Pow Kevin, Minecraft and Acid Rain. The games will be played on cool Intel architecture such as:
- Asus phone pad
- Samsung galaxy tab
- Orange sandiego
- Intel Yolo
The MC for the day will be renowned media personality Fareed Khimani, with celebrity challenges from Just A Band’s Mbithi Masya and Kevin “K1′ Maina of Makmende fame. There will also be a special DJ mix by Mbithi, so don’t worry if you’ve never played any games before – there’s lots of fun stuff to see and do.
We’ll also be launching a gaming training programme, in which 90 lucky developers will be selected to join a 6 week FREE training session on the Havok gaming engine. At the end of this training you’ll have your own games ready for market. Look out for registration details on the iHub blog and in local newspapers.
1. The event is for participants aged 18 years and over. Please carry your ID as this will be required to gain entry.
2. Gaming Teams will all be verified at 9:00am. Please ensure you and all your team members are present at the iHub by 9:00am otherwise you will be replaced by gamers who are on the standby list.
3. Developers should all come with laptops – there will be a multitude of challenges throughout the day that you will have an opportunity to participate in and win rewards.
9.00 – 10.00 a.m: Team Registration & Finalisation of the 8 Competing Teams. Multiple games running throughout the day for all levels
10.00 a.m: Welcome and presentation by Intel Corporation
10.15 a.m: Flag off the first gaming Sessions (located at iHub – rolling throughout the day)
League of Legends Session 1
11.00 – 12.30: Live coding for Developers Session 1 for Developers
League of Legends Session 2
12.30: Presentation by Intel Corporation
12.30 – 13.30: Rolling Lunch service
League of Legends Session 3
13.30 – 14.30: African Legends & Ma3 Racer Top Score
14.30 – 15.30: Live coding for Developers Session 2 for Developers
League of Legends Session 4
15.30 – 16.30: African Legends & Ma3 Racer Top Score
League of Legends Semis 1
17.00 – 17.45: League of Legends Semis 2 in iHub / All games rolling
League of Legends Semis 2
18.00 – 18.45: League of Legends Finals in iHub / All games rolling
League of Legends Finals
19.00 – 19.10: Havoc SDK – Game Development Overview by Intel
19.10-20:00: Awards Presentation & Wrap Up
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- AMI SELF-MANAGEMENT TRAINING, Tuesday, August 12, 2014
- Safari Tales: The App that Tells Stories
- [Meetup] Tech Meets Conservation 07
- Wireless Wednesday – How can mobile technology encourage information sharing within agricultural value chains
- Why the Maker Movement