Featured By Sheilah Birgen / September 13, 2013
Mobile Monday with Qualcomm is here!
Qualcomm is a company that manufactures wireless chipsets, license technology and provides communication services around the world. Its ideas and inventions have driven the evolution of wireless communications, connecting people more closely to information, entertainment and each other.
They are world leaders in 3G, 4G and next-generation wireless technologies.Earlier this year, they brought two new high-end processors to market. The Snapdragon 600 quad-core chip and the Snapdragon 800. The Snapdragon 800 quad-core chip utilizes LTE carrier aggregation for data rates up to 150 Mbps – double what current LTE speeds offer. It is Qualcomm Technologies’ most advanced and powerful mobile processor to date.
Several interesting platform is the Qualcomm Vuforia™ that transforms real-world objects into interactive experiences for use in gaming, interactive media and instructional applications. With its industry-leading computer vision technology, Vuforia has been embraced by nearly 30,000 developers and adopted by leading global brands to drive engagement with advertisements and product packaging.
According to the Billy Owino, Business Development Manager Qualcomm, “By using Qualcomm Snapdragon SDK’s for Android, developers can differentiate their products and create extraordinary user experiences via the unique and powerful capabilities in Qualcomm’s industry-leading family of Snapdragon processors.” To find out more about the tools available from Qualcomm to developers, sign up on QDevNet. The first 10 developers who sign up will receive gift harpers Courtesy of Qualcomm.
Key speakers during the event will be:
- John Waibochi – CEO, Virtual City
- Billy Owino – Director, Business Development at Qualcomm Incorporated
- Robert Ngeru – Chief Operating Officer, Samsung Electronics East Africa
- Alex Siboe – Senior Manager Programs at Safaricom
The MC will be John Kieti- Manager, m:lab East Africa.
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Angel Investors: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Believe the Hype (Master)!
- Startup Sauna comes to Nairobi
- Intel Student Partner Program: Now launching in Tanzania and Uganda. Apply by April 30th!
- African Tech Bits Episode 3: Kenya The Game and the Gamers