iHub UXlab By Mark Kamau / August 23, 2013
TajRiba | Nairobi UX Month!
For the first time in Sub-Saharan Africa, a User-Experience workshop will take place that brings entrepreneurs, university students, doers in the community together with world-class user experience experts. This event, known as Tajriba ( Swahili for experience), will consist of talks, trainings and practical exercises on how to improve the usability, user satisfaction and user experience of products and services.
At Tajriba, entrepreneurs, university students and doers in the community will receive world class training from leading User Experience Design practitioners. These include Kagonya Awori, the first African Human-Computer Interaction graduate from Carnegie Mellon University; the birthplace of human centered design. Shiko Gitau from Google, she is one of Africa’s only User Experience Experts ; and Susan Dray, a global pioneer and leading authority in User-Centered Design, User Experience and Usability for over 30 years.
Why should you participate? You will learn how to;-
- Take your business idea through a tried and tested process
- Involve users in establishing the most viable options for developing your product/idea
- Build prototypes for your idea
- Test your project with your target audience
- Find insights that help optimize your product or service
- Meet new people!
When will Tajriba happen?
Tajriba will take place between 9th and 27th September 2013.
It is a series of practical, hands-on and quality lessons.
A detailed program will be provided after the registration process is completed.
How do I participate:
- To participate, you need to complete the registration process
- You will also be required to pay Kshs 1500 which you will bring with you on the 9th.
- We will start at 9am punctually!
Where will it happen?
It will take place at the ihub UX lab. Ground floor, Bishop Magua Building, opposite Uchumi Hyper along Ngong rd.
Register here for a limited space. First come, first served.
Everyone developing products or services needs to learn these skills in order to build products that people care about, adapt and use. If you have never learnt how to engage your target market; be it in a school project, a industry product or service then this is the best chance you will ever have to learn these skills.
It is time you take your product, career and skills to the next level. Come learn from the best!
The UX month is made possible with the support of Google.
EVANS KANA at 15:28:47PM Thursday, September 12, 2013
i want to learn more of your program and equip my skills so that i can also help others out thereReply
Ernestina at 13:56:28PM Tuesday, November 12, 2013
What’s Going down i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It positively helpful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to contribute & help different customers like its helped me. Good job.Reply
Mark Kamau at 16:02:48PM Tuesday, November 12, 2013
Thanks for your comment Ernestina. This was a month dedicated to Human Centered Design. The idea was for all of us to learn how to design products that better respond the needs of the users we target. It happens every year.Reply
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- PIVOT East partners with Tech hubs for 2014 startups competition
- Screening of Girl Rising – empowering young women in ICT and entrepreneurship
- Why calling yourself a Startup could be Killing your Business
- INTEL IDEATION CAMP
- A Recap of #UmatiForum: The Many Faces of Online Hate Speech in Kenya