iHub By Joseph / July 24, 2013
GREAT OPPORTUNITY FOR STARTUPS
The GrowthHub and program partner Village Capital are running a second I2I2 accelerator program for start-ups focused on improving societal and environmental problems in East Africa. Don’t miss your chance at an experiential learning program tailored to your business, plus access to successful mentors and investors from around the world.
The GrowthHub is looking for companies focused on addressing societal and environmental problems in Africa. Key criteria are:
• Achieved customer validation and proof of concept of your product (post-revenue preferred).
• Not yet raised major venture financing, but are seeking to raise at least $500,000 within 24 months.
• You and your team members must be working full time on this venture.
• You are a registered for profit company or intend to be.
The program covers 13 weeks with five 2 day workshops designed to provide the start-ups with an experiential learning process that relates directly to their business. Entrepreneurs will sharpen their business acumen while receiving the tools needed to scale their businesses. The program is unique in that $75,000 in investment is pre-committed, and the entrepreneurs decide who gets the funding through a transparent process.
The opportunity to access a proven business curriculum, successful mentors, and investors from around the globe is rare. The I2I2 accelerator gives you that access, and the results are participants are off to a fast start.
Some of the successful companies to have passed through this programme:
Eco Fuels Ltd: Have outside investment coming in & are expanding operations.
Lipisha: Who’ve been generating steady income & have hired 4 additional employees.
Soko: Have since raised $700,000 from world wide investors.
Applications Due: August 19th
For more information: http://www.thegrowthhub.com/programmes
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- NRBUZZ: Drones for Agricultural Monitoring in Kenya
- [Sale] Say Hi to the Pi
- ICT and Governance in East Africa : Preliminary Fieldwork Findings (Part 1) Kampala and Fort Portal (Uganda)
- Umati’s Tech Evolution
- Entrepreneurship forum with Dr. Bitange Ndemo – 23rd August