iHub By Editor / June 4, 2013
Welcome to Tech4Africa 2013, Nairobi!
The one day event that has prevously been held in Cape Town and Johannesburg makes its debut in Nairobi ,this July 3rd from 8am to 10pm at iLab, Strathmore University, Ole Sangale Road, Madaraka, Nairobi.
There will be morning and afternoon sessions, featuring:
- Speaker sessions
- IBM Global Entrepreneur Programme Mentor Day Pitching and winner announcement
There will also be a networking drinks afterwards. Subsequent Tech4Africa events will be held in July 19 – 20, Johannesburg , July 26-27, Cape Town, and the main Tech4Africa event, October 9-10 , South Africa.
What is Tech4Africa?
Tech4Africa is the premier mobile, web & emerging technology event, bringing global perspective to the African context.
Tech4Africa is a two day event focusing on deep technical workshops and sessions for practitioners, and then engaging talks which impart knowledge, perspective, African context and inspiration.
Tech4Africa also runs regular Developer Hackathons which bring people together to explore technology stacks, complex problems, emerging technologies, collaborate on impactful projects and ideas, and unearth disruptive opportunities.
Now in it’s fourth year, Tech4Africa has evolved into:
- Over 600 delegates enjoying two days of action packed talks, workshops & keynotes
- Delegates cover the entire tech spectrum, from junior developers to corporate CEO’s
- Over 40 speakers, bringing international and African speakers together
- The first day focused on deep diving into technology, skills and execution
- The second day focused on keynotes and panels, pitched at higher level thinking
- First ever IBM SmartCamp winner in Africa announced
- The Ignite! start-up pitching competition, with R25,000 prize money
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Calling all Kenyan startups to attend Ventureburn Meetup
- What Tracking Misinformation in Tana Delta Entails
- Latin ‘desired things’
- [Podcast] M:lab East Africa Interview with Sheilah Birgen
- [Apply] : The 2015 Green Pioneer Accelerator Program launches in Kenya and South Africa
Tag Cloudafrica Akirachix apps community dangerous speech design developers Entrepreneurship event fireside chat ict iHub iHubResearch (R@iHub) Innovation Intel kenya m:lab microsoft mobile nairobi open data PIVOT25 Research Social Entrepreneurship startups Tech Technology training Umati ushahidi
- No related posts found