Featured By Jessica Colaço / June 10, 2013
The rise of the 254MakerTrons and ChumaBot I
As a Mobile and Robotics Tech Evangelist in Kenya, I have been mentoring and working with a group of 4 students from Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology and the Technical University of Kenya for the last 3 months. These students are passionate, inspirational and eager to learn. They are natural innovators and makers – Festus, Hezron, Elizabeth and Muuo.
In their own words:
“We are coming up with a ‘Picopter’ which is basically a quadcopter similar to all the other flying drones we’ve seen before with one important difference – all the processing, from reading the sensors to computing exactly how much power to give each motor – is handled by a Raspberry Pi.
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Success Through Failure – Third Time’s The Charm!
- August Kids Hacker Camp: Maker-Breaker Day
- < Job hunting for techies 101 > – How it went down
- Wireless Wednesday- Opportunities and Challenges for Adoption of mHealth Solutions in Kenya
- 6 Things A Nairobi Matatu Tout Can Teach You About Business