iHub By Rachel Gichinga / May 23, 2013
.NET Meetup: Focus on Application Lifecycle Management | Wednesday, 29th May | 6 – 7:30 pm | iHub
This month’s .NET meetup will happen on the 29th of May and will focus on Application Lifecycle Management.
Application Lifecycle Management is a way of developing and releasing software in a coherent, integrated way, spanning all development phases, artifact types, roles and business units. ALM describes the coordination of development lifecycle disciplines, including the management of requirements, changes, configurations, integrations, releases and tests. These functions span development phases, including requirements definition, design, code, test and run.
ALM is aligned with the engineering process, spanning development phases. This results in releases that are functionally and technically consistent. ALM also manages the relationships between various artifact types, including requirement documents, coding artifacts, and build scripts that are used or produced by the engineering process. By organizing, linking and referencing activities and artifacts, you can track the development progress as a whole. Through integrated toolsets, ALM can help you overcome the biggest challenge in software creating process: the technological and functional barriers that make it difficult to implement a transparent and consistent development process.
ALM is a task-based approach in which all activities are linked to requirements and the relationships between all artifacts are visible; therefore, artifacts can be traced to the requirements they are based on.
In this session, we shall look at how ALM’s integrated approach leads to:
1. Protection of software assets
2. Improved reuse
3. Better requirements traceability
4. Cleaner code
5. Improved test results
Join us this and every last Wednesday of the month for our .NET meetups with Microsoft.
Limo Shawdz at 11:39:32AM Monday, June 10, 2013
Great Topic, i cant miss that.Reply
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- PIVOT East partners with Tech hubs for 2014 startups competition
- Screening of Girl Rising – empowering young women in ICT and entrepreneurship
- Why calling yourself a Startup could be Killing your Business
- INTEL IDEATION CAMP
- A Recap of #UmatiForum: The Many Faces of Online Hate Speech in Kenya
Tag Cloudafrica community design developers Entrepreneurship event ict iHub iHubResearch (R@iHub) Innovation Intel kenya m:lab Meetups microsoft mobile nairobi open data outreach PIVOT25 projects Research robotics Social Entrepreneurship startups talks Tech Technology training Umati
- Intel – Google Developer Group Meetup: “Building Apps 101: Know Your Audience” | Saturday 15th February, 2013 | 9:30 am – 5:00 pm | iHub
- .NET User Group Meetup 2014 + iHub
- Intel Shark Tank: Wednesday 11th December, 2013 | 6 – 8 pm | iHub
- Taking Unit Testing to the Next Level (.NET User Group Meetup 27th November 2013 1800hrs)
- Intel CodeFest: Calling Hardcore Devs! | December 3rd, 2013 | 9 am – 5 pm | iHub