Featured By Jessica Colaco / April 28, 2013
Young Innovators Competition by ITU
ITU Telecom World 2013, organized by ITU, the leading United Nations agency for information and communication technology, is looking for the next generation of social entrepreneurs for its Young Innovators Competition.Are you brave enough to transform your idea into a successful enterprise? Can your concept or startup address one of our Global Challenges? If you are aged between 18 and 26 and feel technology is your second nature, enter the Young Innovators Competition.
You could win a chance to take part in ITU Telecom World 2013 event in Bangkok plus benefits including:
- Up to USD 10,000 in prize money for start-ups and up to USD 5,000 for concepts; both need to address one of the Global Challenges
- High level industry mentorship for a year
- A chance to exhibit on the showfl oor and network with high level delegates
- Hands-on workshop training focusing on entrepreneurial skills
For details on how to enter the competition, visit world2013.itu.int/event/innovation/ or contact them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: June 30th, 2013
Last year’s winner from Kenya was Catherine Mahugu, Co-Founder of Sasa Africa now Shop Soko and one of the top 5 women in tech to watch in Kenya.
“The ITU Young Innovators Competition was an ideal forum for promoting Shop Soko because its theme, “Youth Innovation for Development”, was in line with our mission of providing e‑commerce, everywhere for everyone.” – Miss Catherine Mahugu”
The bottom of the pyramid is still an untapped demographic in Kenya, start-ups like Shop Soko are developing new models of doing business that target this demographic. Read more about this target market in this research report by iHub Research and Research Solutions Africa.
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Expert Talk – IBM’s Research Dr. Kommie Weldemariam
- Its Cloudy Today: Goodbye Cluster, Hello Cloud
- PIVOT East partners with Tech hubs for 2014 startups competition
- Screening of Girl Rising – empowering young women in ICT and entrepreneurship
- Why calling yourself a Startup could be Killing your Business