iHub By Editor / April 10, 2013
The Global Neighborhood Challenge
Are you pioneering a neighborhood-level project so awesome that you think it should happen everywhere?
( Read More )
The Global Neighborhood Challenge: A Pop-Up Fellowship with GOOD’s Global Citizenship Project is looking for five community innovators from around the globe with creative and scalable projects that strengthen the social fabric of their communities.
The five global fellows will come to GOOD HQ in Los Angeles for a pop-up fellowship to elevate and expand their work in order to create more equitable and successful neighborhoods.
The pop-up fellowship will include a collaborative workshop to create a community innovation toolkit, participation in an evening of programming highlighting the fellows’ work, and partnership with the GOOD Local Los Angeles Chapter to test out just how well their projects can be reborn in a different city, culture, and community.
Call it globally-networked hyperlocalism.
Applicants are encouraged to participate in the first inaugural Neighborday, a global event to celebrate neighbors, blocks, and the spirit of Neighboring.
- Photos are optional, but if submitted, they should be in JPG, PNG, or GIF format, at least 570 × 345 pixels and no larger than 10MB.
- Submissions must be in English, applicants must speak English.
- If you have any questions, please review these FAQs or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entries will not be displayed during the submission period. A panel of judges will select the winning submissions, and those will be displayed after the selection process.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- This Challenge is open for submissions from 3 April, 2013 at noon PT to 30 April, 2013 at noon PT.
- Only individuals who are 18 and over are eligible to apply.
- A panel of judges will select the winning submissions.
- The selected projects will be featured on this page.
- The chosen fellows will win a week at GOOD HQ in Los Angeles.
- Read all the rules.
( Read More )
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Angel Investors: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Believe the Hype (Master)!
- Startup Sauna comes to Nairobi
- Intel Student Partner Program: Now launching in Tanzania and Uganda. Apply by April 30th!
- African Tech Bits Episode 3: Kenya The Game and the Gamers