iHub By Rachel Gichinga / April 12, 2013
The Developer’s Dilemma – How will the market change over the next 3-5 years? | Talk by Russell Southwood | Thursday 18th April, 2013 | 4-6 pm | iHub
Last week Airtel Nigeria started promoting the OTT service What’s App to its users for US63 cents a month. Safaricom has recently said that it will promote smartphones rather than feature phones to encourage data use. The GSM Association has recently published a report saying that data revenues will exceed voice by 2016.
If you’re a Kenyan developer, these things matter because you’ll need to think about what handsets are in the market and what types of revenue models will exist to support new apps and services. Russell Southwood, CEO of Balancing Act, an Africa-focused telecoms and internet analyst will attempt to unpick these puzzles and look at what types of business models may flourish in this changing environment.
Join us on Thursday 18th April from 3-5 pm at the iHub for this chat.
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Expert Talk – IBM’s Research Dr. Kommie Weldemariam
- Its Cloudy Today: Goodbye Cluster, Hello Cloud
- PIVOT East partners with Tech hubs for 2014 startups competition
- Screening of Girl Rising – empowering young women in ICT and entrepreneurship
- Why calling yourself a Startup could be Killing your Business
Tag Cloudafrica community design developers Entrepreneurship event ict iHub iHubResearch (R@iHub) Innovation Intel kenya m:lab Meetups microsoft mobile nairobi open data outreach PIVOT25 projects Research robotics Social Entrepreneurship startups talks Tech Technology training Umati
- The m:lab Wins Impact Economy Innovations Grant
- Intel – Google Developer Group Meetup: “Building Apps 101: Know Your Audience” | Saturday 15th February, 2013 | 9:30 am – 5:00 pm | iHub
- Mobile East Africa 2014 welcomes the man that Forbes measured as the “world’s most influential expert in mobile”
- Intel Shark Tank: Wednesday 11th December, 2013 | 6 – 8 pm | iHub
- Marketing and PR with Patricia Mbatia on Monday 2nd Dec from 3pm