iHub Research By Angela Crandall / March 19, 2013
RELEASED: Uchaguzi Monitoring & Evaluation Brief
During Kenya’s 2013 General Election, Uchaguzi Kenya 2013, a joint initiative between SODNET, Ushahidi, CRECO, and Hivos (with support from CIDA), was used to help increase transparency and accountability through active citizen participation in the electoral cycle. Uchaguzi was coordinated through an ICT platform, which enabled Kenyans to keep an eye on the vote and provided avenues through which they could report, with any technology available to them, any incidences significant to the election.
Concurrent with the Uchaguzi deployment, iHub Research assessed how well Uchaguzi achieved its mission. The research will identify the strengths and weaknesses in the deployment and aims to create a toolkit of lessons learned that can be used by future ICT Election Watch deployments.
This brief is the first of 2 reports and is a first look at the Uchaguzi KE 2013 process. In June 2013, we will be publishing an in-depth report detailing the successes and challenges of the platform, especially around the key areas of technology, partnerships, publicity and outreach, and personnel.
Dandora and Kamukunji Community Feedback from Elections 2013 at 10:05:53AM Thursday, May 9, 2013
[...] happy with the outcome of the tech platform. We will detail this in greater depth in our upcoming Uchaguzi M&E Final Report, due to come out in June 2013. We also found that many of the participants use social media (Facebook primarily), a possible [...]Reply
Leave a Reply
- Apply for the Intel Technology to Market Accelerator in Silicon Valley: Deadline June 23rd 2013
- The PIVOT East 2013 Checklist: Kampala & Nairobi | June 25-26 2013 | Sheraton Kampala & iHub
- Steve Rogers officially opens the iHub UX lab
- Zege Technologies emerges Second Best in Dragons Den Pitching Competition in South Africa
- How to Build Your Career in Social Enterprise | Tuesday June 18 | 6:30 – 8:30 pm | iHub