iHub By Rachel Gichinga / March 26, 2013
.NET Meetup | Wednesday 27th March | 6-7:30 pm | iHub
Every month, the iHub is going to host the Kenya .NET User Group where developers meet to exchange ideas and listen to presentations by local and international industry experts.
Why – 3 Great reasons to Attend the .NET User Group
2. Build contacts
Free to attend
What people are saying
“Developers are already good at writing code. Writing reams of code just digs you deeper into an already deeply specialized skill. What I am proposing is that we spend less time coding and more time developing skills in other areas that complement our coding skills. Become a better writer. Become a better speaker. Improve your personal skills. Participate in the community. Try to spend some time talking to people instead of the compiler. That’s how you distinguish yourself from your peers. And that’s ultimately how you become a better software developer, too.”
- Jeff Atwood
Each month the User Group will be full of highly technical early adopters of technology and our attendees shall always open to seeing presentations on the latest technologies.We welcome companies and guest presenters to present new topics and new
gadgets. We do encourage you to delve beyond the sales and marketing pitch and show us how it was built, not just why it was built.
Here’s a quick list of some tips for presenters:
· Presentation needs to be directed at a highly technical audience (No sales pitch)
· Introduce new technology
· Samples and giveaway prizes for attendees are great
· Prior to the meeting do a rehearsal
If you think you’re up for the challenge and have something new to show us please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Stuff we talk about
· ASP.NET MVC
· ASP.NET (and Web Forms if we have to)
· CSS / HTML
· TFS and Scrum
· ALM tooling and processes (e.g. Continuous Integration)
· Office 365
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Anthony Muisyo at 12:00:49PM Monday, April 1, 2013
When’s the next .NET meetup?Reply
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Angel Investors: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Believe the Hype (Master)!
- Startup Sauna comes to Nairobi
- Intel Student Partner Program: Now launching in Tanzania and Uganda. Apply by April 30th!
- African Tech Bits Episode 3: Kenya The Game and the Gamers
Tag Cloudafrica community design developers Entrepreneurship event ict iHub iHubResearch (R@iHub) Innovation Intel kenya m:lab Meetups microsoft mobile nairobi open data outreach PIVOT25 projects Research robotics Social Entrepreneurship startups talks Tech Technology training Umati
- Intel in Mombasa this weekend!
- Microsoft Virtual Tools Training
- Windows 8 Store Apps: Less on chrome, more on content
- The m:lab Wins Impact Economy Innovations Grant
- Intel – Google Developer Group Meetup: “Building Apps 101: Know Your Audience” | Saturday 15th February, 2013 | 9:30 am – 5:00 pm | iHub