iHub By Joseph / February 19, 2013
Uchaguzi: Merging Local and Digital
Planning and training:
Nairobi-based folks are invited to attend in person training this week. We will be hosting online training in the coming week for digital participants.
Tuesday, February 19 (Community Working Groups)
Thursday. February 21 (Uchaguzi training)
Saturday, February 23 (Uchaguzi training)
Monday, February 25 (Uchaguzi training)
How to get involved:
1. Share this tweet or post to Facebook?
“Uchaguzi is a community and movement to monitor the Kenyan elections: https://uchaguzi.co.ke/, Email: email@example.com, Twitter: #uchaguzi or SMS: 3002”
2. Help us find volunteers?
We will need many hands to help build Uchaguzi. Can you share with your networks and help us build local and global teams to monitor for free and fair Kenyan elections?
Sample Tweet: “Uchaguzi is a community and movement to monitor the Kenyan elections. Won’t you join us in making voices heard? Join a team “
1. Help Test the new Uchaguzi Platform:
Our platform is live at uchaguzi.co.ke. The dev site is http://uchaguzi.ushahididev.com
We are still testing and pushing new code daily. Would you have a few moments to take a spin and help us test?
How to test:
1. Create your account on http://uchaguzi.ushahididev.com
2. Ping us on skype or irc to be upgraded to admin. Or email: please contact linda @ushahidi.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Test and add items to Uchaguzi testing spreadsheet or github
2. Build and edit Documentation:
If you have deployment experience, can you help us build documentation and training? See our Uchaguzi landing pages on the wiki. Ping @heatherleson or email@example.com
We are seeking TEAM Coordinators in Nairobi, DC or globally for a few of these teams. You will need to have previous deployment experience. See the roles available. Please contact Heather Leson (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Angela Odour (email@example.com) for more details.
There are over 100 folks signed up to help make Uchaguzi possible both offline and online.Here’s a note we shared with them.
We will be sharing many updates in the coming days.
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- AMI SELF-MANAGEMENT TRAINING, Tuesday, August 12, 2014
- Safari Tales: The App that Tells Stories
- [Meetup] Tech Meets Conservation 07
- Wireless Wednesday – How can mobile technology encourage information sharing within agricultural value chains
- Why the Maker Movement