iHub By Rachel Gichinga / February 15, 2013
Data For Public Good | Talk by Sarah Williams, Director of the Civic Data Design Lab, MIT | 18th February, 2013 | 6 – 7:30 pm | iHub
On Monday, 18th February at 6 pm, Sarah Williams, Director of the Civic Data Design Lab at The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), will speak about her use of data visualization to expose urban issues. Williams will specifically address using social media and cell phone data to analyze city dynamics.
Before coming to MIT, Williams was Co-Director of the Spatial Information Design Lab at Columbia University’s. Sarah has won numerous awards including being named top 25 planners in the technology and 2012 Game Changer by Metropolis Magazine. Her work is currently on view in the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), New York. Williams seeks to use data visualization for what she calls a “Public Good”.
Register here to attend the event.
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Angel Investors: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Believe the Hype (Master)!
- Startup Sauna comes to Nairobi
- Intel Student Partner Program: Now launching in Tanzania and Uganda. Apply by April 30th!
- African Tech Bits Episode 3: Kenya The Game and the Gamers
Tag Cloudafrica community design developers Entrepreneurship event ict iHub iHubResearch (R@iHub) Innovation Intel kenya m:lab Meetups microsoft mobile nairobi open data outreach PIVOT25 projects Research robotics Social Entrepreneurship startups talks Tech Technology training Umati
- The m:lab Wins Impact Economy Innovations Grant
- Intel – Google Developer Group Meetup: “Building Apps 101: Know Your Audience” | Saturday 15th February, 2013 | 9:30 am – 5:00 pm | iHub
- Mobile East Africa 2014 welcomes the man that Forbes measured as the “world’s most influential expert in mobile”
- Announcing Afrikoin on Nov 20th in Nairobi
- Kenya’s Low Consumption of Open Data