iHub By Rachel Gichinga / February 15, 2013
Data For Public Good | Talk by Sarah Williams, Director of the Civic Data Design Lab, MIT | 18th February, 2013 | 6 – 7:30 pm | iHub
On Monday, 18th February at 6 pm, Sarah Williams, Director of the Civic Data Design Lab at The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), will speak about her use of data visualization to expose urban issues. Williams will specifically address using social media and cell phone data to analyze city dynamics.
Before coming to MIT, Williams was Co-Director of the Spatial Information Design Lab at Columbia University’s. Sarah has won numerous awards including being named top 25 planners in the technology and 2012 Game Changer by Metropolis Magazine. Her work is currently on view in the Museum of Modern Art (MoMA), New York. Williams seeks to use data visualization for what she calls a “Public Good”.
Register here to attend the event.
No comments yet
Leave a Reply
- Characteristics of Incident Reporters on Twitter
- Pivot East 2013 Finalists.
- .NET Meetup: Focus on Application Lifecycle Management | Wednesday, 29th May | 6 – 7:30 pm | iHub
- Social Entrepreneurship Happy Hour, Featuring Sanergy | Tuesday 28th May, 2013 | 6:30 – 8:30 pm | iHub
- Open Data in Developing Countries -Monitoring and Evaluation study on Kenyan OD technologies
Tag Cloudafrica community design developers event fireside chat ict Ideas iHub iHubResearch (R@iHub) Innovation internet kenya launch Meetups microsoft mobile nairobi open data PIVOT25 private sector projects Research robotics startups talks techies training Umati volunteers
- iHub Developer Survey: Ponyoka na Simu!
- The Three V’s of Crowdsourced Data
- User-Centered Innovation: Talk by Michele Visciola of Experientia | Friday 19th April, 2013 | 5:30 – 7 pm | iHub
- The Developer’s Dilemma – How will the market change over the next 3-5 years? | Talk by Russell Southwood | Thursday 18th April, 2013 | 4-6 pm | iHub
- Software Development in Africa, How Does It Look Like?