iHub UXlab By Angela Crandall / January 27, 2013
UX Lab Ideation Space: Startups Take Advantage of New Space
Post by Mark Kamau, UX Lead
When we set out to do the first user experience (UX) lab in Sub-Saharan Africa, one of the main missions was to develop a strong design culture in East Africa. We therefore set up a space fit for ideation and creative thinking. This space was to be made open to startups in the community to learn, try out and implement design processes. The best way to develop a design culture is by people trying and seeing the benefits of good design processes.
It was a really proud moment for me when MPrep came down to begin their rebranding process from the space. After months of hard work building the space, it was surreal to see a whole startup team sitting around the huge table with the wall-to-wall whiteboard space filled with ideas for their new name, which they were using a design process to realize.
Looking at that, I was super proud of where we are heading as a community. It is exactly the attitude and work we need to put in to compete at a global standard. Seeing the space working as it was intended, I am happy to say we are in business.
If you are a startup or corporate looking for space for your design team to crunch out ideas, you are more than welcome to contact me at mark[@]ihub.co.ke for a chat.
No comments yet
Leave a Reply
- Characteristics of Incident Reporters on Twitter
- Pivot East 2013 Finalists.
- .NET Meetup: Focus on Application Lifecycle Management | Wednesday, 29th May | 6 – 7:30 pm | iHub
- Social Entrepreneurship Happy Hour, Featuring Sanergy | Tuesday 28th May, 2013 | 6:30 – 8:30 pm | iHub
- Open Data in Developing Countries -Monitoring and Evaluation study on Kenyan OD technologies