iHub By Rachel Gichinga / January 11, 2013
Funding Opportunity for Health Startups: Grand Challenges Canada Info Session | Wednesday 23rd January 2013 | 6 – 7 pm | iHub
On Wednesday 23rd January 2013 at the iHub, join representatives from Grand Challenges Canada to discuss current available funding opportunities related to global health.
The session will run from 6 – 7 pm.
Grand Challenges Canada is dedicated to supporting bold ideas with big impact in global health. We are funded by the Government of Canada and we fund innovators in low- and middle- income countries and Canada. The bold ideas integrate science and technology, social and business innovation (we call this Integrated Innovation) and we work to catalyze scale, sustainability and impact. We have a determined focus on results, and saving and improving lives.
Our programs include:
- Stars in Global Health, the ‘venture capital’-like component of our work, supports exceptional innovators who have Bold Ideas with Big Impact in the area of global health. To date, we have funded more than 100 innovators through this program at the $100,000 level and 5 awards at the $1 million level, in partnership with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Saving Lives at Birth, in which Grand Challenges Canada has partnered with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, the Government of Norway and the UK’s Department for International Development, to accelerate substantial and sustainable progress against maternal and newborn deaths and stillbirths at the community level. So far, 39 innovative projects have been funded to save the lives of pregnant women and newborns in poor communities around the time of childbirth. Awards range from $250,000 and $2,000,000 at the seed and transition-to-scale level, respectively.
Dr. Sabuni Z. Alex at 00:48:08AM Monday, January 21, 2013
Thanks for such a noble intervention to boost research. I am planning to attend the Wednesday info day. Thanks in advance.Reply
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- New Africa prize highlights engineering as key development driver
- Interested in Information Security? We’re offering a class!
- How We Hire
- Expert Talk – IBM’s Research Dr. Kommie Weldemariam
- Its Cloudy Today: Goodbye Cluster, Hello Cloud