iHub By Rachel Gichinga / January 11, 2013
Funding Opportunity for Health Startups: Grand Challenges Canada Info Session | Wednesday 23rd January 2013 | 6 – 7 pm | iHub
On Wednesday 23rd January 2013 at the iHub, join representatives from Grand Challenges Canada to discuss current available funding opportunities related to global health.
The session will run from 6 – 7 pm.
Grand Challenges Canada is dedicated to supporting bold ideas with big impact in global health. We are funded by the Government of Canada and we fund innovators in low- and middle- income countries and Canada. The bold ideas integrate science and technology, social and business innovation (we call this Integrated Innovation) and we work to catalyze scale, sustainability and impact. We have a determined focus on results, and saving and improving lives.
Our programs include:
- Stars in Global Health, the ‘venture capital’-like component of our work, supports exceptional innovators who have Bold Ideas with Big Impact in the area of global health. To date, we have funded more than 100 innovators through this program at the $100,000 level and 5 awards at the $1 million level, in partnership with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- Saving Lives at Birth, in which Grand Challenges Canada has partnered with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, USAID, the Government of Norway and the UK’s Department for International Development, to accelerate substantial and sustainable progress against maternal and newborn deaths and stillbirths at the community level. So far, 39 innovative projects have been funded to save the lives of pregnant women and newborns in poor communities around the time of childbirth. Awards range from $250,000 and $2,000,000 at the seed and transition-to-scale level, respectively.
Dr. Sabuni Z. Alex at 00:48:08AM Monday, January 21, 2013
Thanks for such a noble intervention to boost research. I am planning to attend the Wednesday info day. Thanks in advance.Reply
Leave a Reply
- .NET Meetup: Focus on Application Lifecycle Management | Wednesday, 29th May | 6 – 7:30 pm | iHub
- Social Entrepreneurship Happy Hour, Featuring Sanergy | Tuesday 28th May, 2013 | 6:30 – 8:30 pm | iHub
- Open Data in Developing Countries -Monitoring and Evaluation study on Kenyan OD technologies
- Understanding The edTech Ecosystem in Kenya – Wireless Wednesday Recap
- CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – 2013 L’Oreal-UNESCO: Regional fellowship for Women in Science in Sub-Saharan Africa
Tag Cloudafrica community design developers event fireside chat ict Ideas iHub iHubResearch (R@iHub) Innovation internet kenya launch Meetups microsoft mobile nairobi open data PIVOT25 private sector projects Research robotics startups talks techies training Umati volunteers
- NRBUZZ: DIGITIZING MARKET RESEARCH
- BeUnreasonable Nairobi | 10th – 12th May, 2013 | GrowthHub
- GIST Startup Boot Camp Tanzania: Tech Entrepreneurs, Apply Now!
- Seedstars World – Discovering the best startups in emerging & fast-growing startup scenes | Application deadline: 31st March, 2013
- Mobile Web East Africa 2013 | 19-21 February, 2013 | Southern Sun