iHub By Rachel Gichinga / December 18, 2012
Launch of Green Breakfast Club Nairobi Chapter, Featuring TMS Ruge | Friday 4th January 2012 | iHub
Green Breakfast Club is a monthly networking event series for resource exchange and storytelling.Our events include a keynote speaker who is a Sustainability Leader, giving a keynote that is half success story half failure story. This is followed by a resource exchange where each attendee presents themselves, their ‘gives’ and their ‘asks’ – which is turned into a Resource Exchange List and shared with attendees. We began in NYC, have featured All-Star speakers, and are now expanding to new cities worldwide.
TMS Ruge is currently serving as the lead social media strategist for the Connect4Climate campaign at the World Bank. In 2007, he cofounded Project Diaspora, an online platform for mobilizing, engaging and motivating members of Africa Diaspora to engage in matters important to the continent’s development. A technology enthusiast, Ruge writes and speaks extensively on Africa’s current renaissance driven by technology, youth and the Diaspora. He is a frequent contributor to several online publications including CNN, PopTech, The Globe and Mail, The Guardian. He blogs at the projectdiaspora.org. He was born in Masindi, Uganda and grew up in Uganda, Kenya and the United States.
Register here to attend this event.
No comments yet
Leave a Reply
- Apply for the Intel Technology to Market Accelerator in Silicon Valley: Deadline June 23rd 2013
- The PIVOT East 2013 Checklist: Kampala & Nairobi | June 25-26 2013 | Sheraton Kampala & iHub
- Steve Rogers officially opens the iHub UX lab
- Zege Technologies emerges Second Best in Dragons Den Pitching Competition in South Africa
- How to Build Your Career in Social Enterprise | Tuesday June 18 | 6:30 – 8:30 pm | iHub