iHub By Joseph / October 1, 2012
Write for iHub
Are you passionate about technology, innovation and entrepreneurship?
iHub is looking to put out great stories about techpreneurs in the space, what they are doing, as well as stories about the greater ICT eco-system in Africa.
We’re looking for writers and contributors who are interested in crafting stories around technology both within Kenya and in the wider African region for local and global audiences.
We’re also looking for contributors who are technology enthusiasts and can cover topics related to mobile, techpreneurship, super computing, User Centered Design and research.
If you are interested in joining iHub as a contributing writer, send us some of your writing samples or links to your previously published work. Also write a little bit about your background, a list of topics that you want to cover and how often can you contribute to the site!
What can I write about?
We are looking for original and well-written articles on topics related to technology, including the wider ICT eco-system, techpreneurship, mobile/web applications and opinion pieces on technology.
What do I get in return?
An audience of over 8,000 currently subscribes to iHub.co.ke. It is a great platform to share ideas, thoughts with a wide audience composed of developers, techies, creative and researchers among others.
As a guest author, you will not be paid for your submission but we will publish your bio with the story along with a link to your website, and Twitter accounts.
How do I submit an article?
You can send us your articles via email or, if the article includes attachments such as images, upload all the files to Dropbox and send the link via email to email@example.com.
Note that the editor will review all contributions and that only content that matches (or exceeds) our standards will be published on the main blog.
As a guest writer, you won’t be paid for your contributions but this opportunity can help get more exposure for your blog or your brand on the Internet. All guest articles will include a brief bio of the author and a link to his or her website for some extra publicity.
If you have any questions, please email the Content Lead at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do I Pitch a Story First?
Send us a brief outline of what you plan to write so that you don’t spend time writing about stuff that has already been covered or is not suitable for publishing on the site.
Before your submit an article, please note that:
- The content must be original and cannot be republished elsewhere on the web.
- Your articles may be edited prior to publishing.
- If you use an image or quote text from another source, always give full credit with a hyperlink. Never attempt to rehash someone else’s content or idea.
- There’s no “optimal” word length as it may vary depending upon the topic, guest posts should have at least 300 words or more.
- Include screenshots with your articles and each image should include a caption. Use the PNG format for screenshots and they should be 540 pixels wide.
- As far as possible, write evergreen content and avoid using too much jargon.
- If you are planning to cover news that is already well known on the Internet, add thoughtful analysis to your story or explore it from an angle that other publications may have missed.
- We will not accept affiliate links within articles, or self-promotional articles for your product or service.
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Register now for the Kenya Lean Series
- think Incubator looking for Innovative startups!
- Success Through Failure – Third Time’s The Charm!
- August Kids Hacker Camp: Maker-Breaker Day
- < Job hunting for techies 101 > – How it went down