iHub By Joseph / October 1, 2012
How Nigeria Is Using Kenyan Technology
The federal government of Nigeria has announced plans to distribute 10 million free mobile phones to its farmers in 2013 in order to deliver fertiliser and seed subsidies to e-wallets on their phones. The roll out comes in sharp contrast to the Kenyan government’s current gridlock in achieving any similar distribution of subsidised inputs, and makes Nigeria the first country in Africa to use electronic wallets to reach its farmers, in a system that is being built using Kenyan technology.
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- [Sign up] August 2014 Graphic Design Bootcamp!
- [Crowdfunding Opportunity] Jumpstart Africa Accepting Projects
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server 10 For You
- First Pan-African Women in Tech Meetup
- AMI SELF-MANAGEMENT TRAINING, Tuesday, August 12, 2014