Uncategorized By Editor / October 21, 2012
Bharti Airtel Becomes Fourth Largest Mobile Operator in the World
Over 250 million mobile subscribers
NAIROBI, Kenya, October 21, 2012/ – Bharti Airtel (http://www.airtel.com), a leading telecommunications service provider with operations in 20 countries across South Asia and Africa moved up one notch in the world wide ranking to be the fourth largest mobile operator in the world in terms of subscribers. (Source: Wireless Intelligence ‘Scoreboard’).
Top Five Operators Globally:
|China Mobile||683.08||11 %|
|Vodafone Group||386.88||5 %|
|America Movil Group||251.83||7 %|
|Bharti Airtel||250.04||13 %|
|Telefonica Group||243.51||7 %|
(Mobile operator worldwide group global ranking by connections, Q2 2012) *Connections are aggregated as the sum of each group’s subsidiaries where a minimum of 50 % plus one share economic interest is held.
At the end of the quarter ended June 2012, the Company had over 250 million mobile subscribers across its operations, representing 13% Y-o-Y growth.
Bharti Airtel had become the fifth largest mobile operator in the world following its acquisition of Zain Group’s mobile operations across 15 African nations in June 2010.
No comments yet
Leave a Reply
- Characteristics of Incident Reporters on Twitter
- Pivot East 2013 Finalists.
- .NET Meetup: Focus on Application Lifecycle Management | Wednesday, 29th May | 6 – 7:30 pm | iHub
- Social Entrepreneurship Happy Hour, Featuring Sanergy | Tuesday 28th May, 2013 | 6:30 – 8:30 pm | iHub
- Open Data in Developing Countries -Monitoring and Evaluation study on Kenyan OD technologies