iHub By Rachel Gichinga / September 27, 2012
Creativez Catchup | Sunday September 30th, 2012 | The GoDown Arts Centre
Welcome to the follow-up to our last Catchup, ‘Where Are We Going’, which was held in May 2012. This Creativez Catchup aims to unearth from different views and voices where Kenya’s Creative Economy is at a whole. The challenges, the pace at which we are growing-behind or with global growth as well as driving home why now in the global economy more than ever creative culture is valuable and deserving of multi-sectoral support.
This will be an open conversation driven by 4 panelists where YOU star. Bring all your questions, concerns, queries and share them with us.
We’ll hear from David Muriithi of Creative Enterprise Centre and his no-holds barred experience and over-view of why Creative business in Kenya is where it is. Dr Mshai Mwangola of Kenya Cultural Centre comes in on where policy and the enabling environment are challenged and how you can play a part in strengthening it; while Alex Gakuru of Creative Commons shares why now more than ever the world awaits Kenyan innovation and creativity, and what you need to access the global market. Finally, from Julius Sang of Karen Art Village comes a new exciting creative and artistic hub aimed at developing and sustaining creative genres in Kenya.
Entry is Free to this open dialogue session for all Techies, Creatives, Innovators and ArtyCulturalists
For more info tweet us @TheCreativez, find us on Facebook at TheCreativez, or email TheCreativez@gbs.co.ke
No comments yet
Leave a Reply
- Social Entrepreneurship Happy Hour, Featuring Sanergy | Tuesday 28th May, 2013 | 6:30 – 8:30 pm | iHub
- Open Data in Developing Countries -Monitoring and Evaluation study on Kenyan OD technologies
- Understanding The edTech Ecosystem in Kenya – Wireless Wednesday Recap
- CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – 2013 L’Oreal-UNESCO: Regional fellowship for Women in Science in Sub-Saharan Africa
- NRBUZZ: DIGITIZING MARKET RESEARCH