iHub By Jessica Colaco / July 1, 2012
Start-Up Profiles – Bityarn
Over the last 2 years, the iHub has given rise to over 40 start-ups. A trending factor, that is noticeable is the rise of start-ups with a focus on social change and innovation such as M-farm and e-Limu .
One particular start-up to watch is Bityarn which started a year ago out of the iHub, the core team is comprised of Mimano, Muniu and Jude all have a passion for mobile technology and social change.
The team have developed applications such as Chamapro which a mobile platform that helps informal financial self-help groups and savings clubs digitize their information management and record keeping using an android Smartphone. It sends e-receipts of the transactions to group members via SMS. In a quest, to scale applications such as these, Muniu embarks on a journey outside the office and brings back the feedback from the community. Let us watch the team in action:
Innovation Africa;Bityarn at 02:05:16AM Friday, July 6, 2012
[...] Go to Source /* Tagged Bityarn, mobile [...]Reply
Leave a Reply
- Social Entrepreneurship Happy Hour, Featuring Sanergy | Tuesday 28th May, 2013 | 6:30 – 8:30 pm | iHub
- Open Data in Developing Countries -Monitoring and Evaluation study on Kenyan OD technologies
- Understanding The edTech Ecosystem in Kenya – Wireless Wednesday Recap
- CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – 2013 L’Oreal-UNESCO: Regional fellowship for Women in Science in Sub-Saharan Africa
- NRBUZZ: DIGITIZING MARKET RESEARCH