iHub By Editor / July 23, 2012
Ruby/ Ruby on Rails Boot Camp
If you’re a developer who’s always wanted to dabble in Ruby Rails but have never had the chance to or knew how to, then this Ruby on Rails Boot Camp is for you.
Ruby on Rails is Ruby on Rails is an open-source web application framework for the Ruby programming language. If you’ve always wanted to learn how to program please sign up for the beginner class. You will learn the basic toolset of a programmer and should have a couple of basic programs under your belt by the end of the day.
(If you want to read more about Ruby Rails, here’s an excellent article from Smashing Magazine on how to get started.)
If you have had some experience programming please sign up for the advanced class and learn how to build a modern web application using the Rails framework. By the end of the day, you should have a live web app.
In order to attend, please have a laptop and complete the following signup form.
If possible, please come to the workshop after completing the following installation instructions:
If you have any problems, we’ll be holding an install-fest to troubleshoot any issues for the first hour.
Boot Camp Details
Ruby/Ruby on Rails Boot Camp
When: Saturday 28 July, 2012 9:00am-5:00pm
Where: iHub Nairobi
What: Join us for a hands-on day of learning Ruby and Rails. The event will be broken up into two sessions and taught by senior engineers from Safaricom, Google, Kopo Kopo, and Samasource.
No comments yet
Leave a Reply
- Characteristics of Incident Reporters on Twitter
- Pivot East 2013 Finalists.
- .NET Meetup: Focus on Application Lifecycle Management | Wednesday, 29th May | 6 – 7:30 pm | iHub
- Social Entrepreneurship Happy Hour, Featuring Sanergy | Tuesday 28th May, 2013 | 6:30 – 8:30 pm | iHub
- Open Data in Developing Countries -Monitoring and Evaluation study on Kenyan OD technologies