iHub By Anne / June 20, 2012
Open Data for Development Camp 2012
The Open Data for Development Camp is part of The Kenya Open Data Pre-Incubator Program. This is a six-month experiment to help accelerate the ability for the public to make sense of data and to galvanize engagement around critical public issues. This event will take place from Wednesday, June 27, 2012 at 10:00 AM - Thursday, June 28, 2012 at 6:00 PM at Strathmore University. It promises a combination of Keynote Speakers, Workshops, Best Practices, Speed Geeking, Hack Space, Networking, Exchange of knowledge and needs, Sharing Data Sets, Co-Creation, Open Data Visualizations, and Inspiration.
The Open Data Development Camp 2012 brings together a diverse group of policy-makers, academia, development aid workers, researchers, journalists, ICT-staff and software developers active in the field of Open Development Data. The aim is to share experiences and networks, build tools, and show the power of Open Data.
Organizers of the open data development camp 2012 include: ICT Board Kenya, Kenya Open Data Initiative, Open for Change, World Bank, NaiLab, @iLabAfrica, Akvo, 1%CLUB, Hivos, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Netherlands, and Development Gateway.
Register before Monday the 18th of June through Eventbrite to reserve a spot
Detailed information about the event will be available soon on www.openforchange.info.
The Esperient-PTAV Blog | Open Data for Development Camp 2012 | *iHub_ at 19:16:09PM Wednesday, June 20, 2012
[...] See on http://www.ihub.co.ke [...]Reply
Open Data for Africa – oAfrica at 11:13:21AM Thursday, September 20, 2012
[...] has led to other events like Open Data for Development Camp [...]Reply
Leave a Reply
- .NET Meetup: Focus on Application Lifecycle Management | Wednesday, 29th May | 6 – 7:30 pm | iHub
- Social Entrepreneurship Happy Hour, Featuring Sanergy | Tuesday 28th May, 2013 | 6:30 – 8:30 pm | iHub
- Open Data in Developing Countries -Monitoring and Evaluation study on Kenyan OD technologies
- Understanding The edTech Ecosystem in Kenya – Wireless Wednesday Recap
- CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – 2013 L’Oreal-UNESCO: Regional fellowship for Women in Science in Sub-Saharan Africa