iHub By Patrick Munyi / June 11, 2012
iHub speaks at ICT Indaba
iHub participated in the inaugural ICT Indaba conference held last week at the Cape Town International Convention Centre. The objectives of this meeting were:
- To bring together key stakeholders to formulate an African agenda and take advantage of expanding opportunities in the ICT sector;
- To introduce new technologies to enable Africa’s corporations and institutions to sharpen their competitive edge in the international arena;
- To promote the development of a knowledge-based economy with a strong focus on job creation and skills transference in Africa;
- To leverage on South Africa’s strong ICT infrastructure to benefit the continent and showcase innovative technologies to boost strategic economy sectors in Africa; and
- To formulate strategies of making ICT accessible and affordable to urban and rural populations in Africa.
The 4-day conference was heavily attended by South African government stakeholders, as well as other stakeholders around the continent. iHub spoke during a panel session about “Africans Learning from Africans” together with other African innovators. To find out more about the conference and to download the presentations, go to: http://www.ictindaba.com/2012/presentations.html.
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Angel Investors: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Believe the Hype (Master)!
- Startup Sauna comes to Nairobi
- Intel Student Partner Program: Now launching in Tanzania and Uganda. Apply by April 30th!
- African Tech Bits Episode 3: Kenya The Game and the Gamers