Uncategorized By Jessica Colaço / April 26, 2012
Young Innovators Competition – Your Innovation on a World Stage
ITU, the leading United Nations Agency for information and communication technology is looking for the next generation of young visionaries for its Young Innovators Competition.
- Are you aged 18-25?
- Do you have an innovative ICT based concept or project?
- Are you a social entrepreneur?
- Are you in need of resources to take the next step?
Take part in the Young Innovators Competition and you could gain a host of exceptional benefits including:
- Up to 10,000 CHF in prize money
- High-level industry mentorship
- Hands-on workshop training focusing on entrepreneurial skills
- Networking opportunities with high level delegates
- Chance to showcase at the InnovatorSpace
The competition calls for innovations which engage the power of ICT to meet real-world developmental challenges relevant to one of seven core areas under the theme of “Youth Innovation for Development”, namely:
- Youth Employment
- Empowerment of Women
- Human Rights
- Environmental Sustainability
Submissions consisting of everything from concepts to ongoing projects are welcome. From these, the twelve most outstanding entries – judged to have the greatest possible social impact and potential for business success- will win the chance to attend and participate in ITU Telecom World 2012, which takes place from 14-18 October in Dubai.
The deadline for initial submissions is 1st July 2012. For further details, and to start the application procedure, please visit http://world2012.itu.int/young-innovators-competition
$i = 1; ?>
Idea Exchange: Global Voices, TED Fellows, Journalist & Travel Opportunities | Bankelele at 15:26:27PM Tuesday, August 5, 2014
[…] The Thomson Reuters Foundation is sponsoring a Financial & Economic Reporting traning course in Kampala in June 2012 to help journalists in Africa to strengthen their reporting on financial and economic topics. More and the application deadline is 31 May 2012 (via @uginsomniac) Young Innovators Competition – Your Innovation on a World Stage: ITU, the leading United Nations Agency for information and communication technology is looking for the next generation of young visionaries for its Young Innovators Competition. Details here […]Reply
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Be a part of the BBC “World have your say” radio show airing at iHub
- Bad judgement – Experience – Good judgement.
- Calling all Kenyan startups to attend Ventureburn Meetup
- What Tracking Misinformation in Tana Delta Entails
- Latin ‘desired things’