iHub By Jessica Colaço / April 16, 2012
iHub Masterclasses: Project Management
The iHub will conducted a series of masterclasses in the coming months to build capacity in different areas. The first of these is the iHub Masterclass on Project Management. The purpose of this masterclass is to provide class participants with a greater understanding of Information Technology project management and equip them with the necessary tools to facilitate better project outcomes.
The objectives of this masterclass are listed below:
- To address workshop expectations
- To provide an overview of the history of project management
- To discuss the benefits of project management
- To review the difference between a project vs. operations
- To address the importance of project management for organizations and clients
- To review the key tools and factors necessary for project success
This masterclass is targeted at interested green and red members.
The classes will be held fortnightly and will last two days a week (Wednesday and Thursday) with 6 hours of class time each day beginning Wednesday 18th April 2012.
The prerequisites for this course are listed below:
- Must be have a minimum of three years experience as a designer, developer, or project manager
- Must be working on a project or about to start a project
- Must have worked on a project in the past year
- Currently in the process of working in, advising, or starting a technology company or social enterprise using technology
- Must have a strong interest in better managing your time and money
The topics for the class are as follows:
|Day 1||Day 2|
Exercises will be provided to assist students in mastering concepts and becoming familiar with key tools and project management strategies.
There are only 15 slots available each fortnight. Interested participants should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm participation.
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Venture Capital Course Coming July 29-30
- Incubated Startups at the m:lab Win Accolades at Connected Kenya
- NETmundial Hub in Nairobi – Meeting on the future of Internet Governance
- Angel Investors: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Believe the Hype (Master)!