Uncategorized By Jessica Colaço / March 22, 2012
Global Impact Competition
YADSTI Kenya, the National Council of Science and Technology and Singularity University (SU), USA announce the Global Impact Competition (GIC) Kenya. The competition’s objective is first, to motivate Kenyan youth to develop innovative ideas that leverage technology in problem-solving and cultivate global thinking amongst Kenya’s entrepreneurial leaders.
SUBMIT YOUR IDEAS: http://globalimpactcompetition.yadsti.org/
- Top two winners will receive a scholarship to spend 10 weeks at Singularity University’s Campus located at the NASA Ames Research Park based in Silicon Valley www.singularityu.org. This 10-week interdisciplinary program brings together entrepreneurial leaders, innovators, students and global thinkers from around the world to explore solutions aimed at solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
- Top ten ideas will be financed for prototyping and incubation.
- “Top six finalists will receive one license for any single Autodesk product suite for their use.” – AUTODESK, USA http://autode.sk/dYqOZl.
- The solution must leverage technology as a primary method of achieving the goal
- Impact potential: 1million people in 3yrs
- Applicants must demonstrate the feasibility of implementation of their idea
- The idea MUST BE executable!!
Application process is now open.
$i = 1; ?>
sami at 10:58:09AM Monday, March 26, 2012
When is the deadline for this competition….i want to participate but i’m on a tight schedule…Reply
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- [Sale] Say Hi to the Pi
- ICT and Governance in East Africa : Preliminary Fieldwork Findings (Part 1) Kampala and Fort Portal (Uganda)
- Umati’s Tech Evolution
- Entrepreneurship forum with Dr. Bitange Ndemo – 23rd August
- “Soft Skills?” More like Strong Skills