iHub Research By Leo Mutuku / March 25, 2012
Africa Mobile Money Research (AMMREC2012) Conference
The AMMREC2012 will be held in Nairobi, Kenya, at the Kenya School of Monetary Studies (KSMS), on 2nd -3rd April 2012. The conference themed: Evidence of financial inclusion through mobile technology: Academia, private sector, development community and government perspectives has been organized by The Africa Mobile Money Research Centre (AMMREC) of the University of Nairobi.
Mobile money is an emerging area of research and AMMREC expects to build a Conference Community that will ensure an exciting and high quality networking environment, providing an opportunity for scholars and practitioners to share knowledge and experience with potential research or practitioner partners. Mobile money here includes mobile money transfer, mobile banking, agency banking and other financial services through a mobile platform.
AMMREC lists the following as the objectives of this conference:
- To review progress made in MM and consider opportunities, trends, and growth strategies relevant for this important sector of the industry.
- To show case innovations in MM beyond money transfers, particularly from the region
- To highlight the value of research in extending the MM ecosystem
- To develop networks that can spur growth of MM ecosystem Venue of the conference Kenyatta International Conference Centre has been proposed. It’s central and able to support multiple meetings and exhibitions.
Some distinguished speakers in this conference include: Dr. Bitange Ndemo, PS/Ministry of Information and Communication, Kenya ; Prof. Tavneet Suri, Development Economist and Professor at MIT, USA ; Dr. Wolfgang Fengler, Lead Economist, World Bank Office, Nairobi, Kenya.
Closer home, Ben Lyon & Dylan Higgins,from Kopo Kopo, incubated at the m:lab are expected to present on Mobile Money Usage Patterns of Kenyan SMEs.
No comments yet
Leave a Reply
- Apply for the Intel Technology to Market Accelerator in Silicon Valley: Deadline June 23rd 2013
- The PIVOT East 2013 Checklist: Kampala & Nairobi | June 25-26 2013 | Sheraton Kampala & iHub
- Steve Rogers officially opens the iHub UX lab
- Zege Technologies emerges Second Best in Dragons Den Pitching Competition in South Africa
- How to Build Your Career in Social Enterprise | Tuesday June 18 | 6:30 – 8:30 pm | iHub