iHub By Jessica Colaço / February 29, 2012
*iHub_ Robotics Initiative
The *iHub_ robotics initiative started last year as a way for members with interest in computer hardware and robotics to have a platform to share ideas and collaborate. Towards this end, the iHub also purchased an Arduino based DF robot for members to code and to use to sharpen their hardware skills.
This culminated in the first ever meet up for hardware enthusiasts last year at the *iHub_where members came together and shared ideas on hardware programming and the members also got to work with the DF robot.
For new (and existing) green members looking to join the initiative there are a couple of ways you can get involved:
- Join the *iHub_ robotics group, which can be found at http://groups.google.com/group/ihubrobots Use the forum to ask robotics-related questions and to contribute to discussions as well. The group email is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come and play around with the In-house robot, and improve on it. We encourage members to add peripherals to the robot to give it extra functionality. Contact email@example.com for access to the robot.
- Members are also encouraged to bring along any hardware and robotics projects they have done and share with other members.
This year, we are planning to partner with Universities and Higher Education institutions so that members can have a better feel of the process that goes into designing and commissioning computer hardware and robots.
As a bonus, if there are final year Electrical Engineering students looking for advice, the *iHub_ robotics coordinators (Caine and Juliette) have offered to give free advice to students on how to go about their projects. You can contact them at: firstname.lastname@example.org
$i = 1; ?>
Kamau at 04:06:47AM Monday, March 5, 2012
This is actually quite commendable,Reply
I hope the robot(s) is/are programmable from a bit high-level, for the sake of those interested in doing AI research in robotics
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Eneza Education Graduates out of Incubation Program
- Be a part of the BBC “World have your say” radio show airing at iHub
- Bad judgement – Experience – Good judgement.
- Calling all Kenyan startups to attend Ventureburn Meetup
- What Tracking Misinformation in Tana Delta Entails