iHub By Simeon Oriko / February 7, 2012
Call for iHub User Groups and Meetups
The essence of the *iHub_ is epitomized by 5 key principles: Innovation, Community, Entrepreneurship, Business Mentoring and Research.
In the last two years, we’ve had numerous activities that have directly contributed to these principles. These include the events we’ve held, the initiatives that have spun off the iHub such as m:lab East Africa, iHub Research, Pivot East and all the partnerships we’ve forged with all our corporate partners.
One of the key driving forces behind this is the need to facilitate synergy among community members in a bid to catalyze innovations from the community.
Focusing on this, we’re putting out an open call to the different User Groups that have shaped up in the last few months to come and help us organize meetups every month. We are seeking to get different stakeholders to interact with the community.
We’re looking at the following groups (Please note that meetups are not limited to this):
- User Groups around different Technologies e.g. Linux, Joomla, Php User Groups etc
- Local chapters of existing digital communities e.g. Hacks/Hackers
- Other groups/stakeholders that wish to interact with the local tech community e.g. Legal experts and Non profits
Please email us before Friday Feb the 17th if you wish to either take lead on any user group meetups, participate in any and/or if you have any discipline that you’d wish a user group be formed around. From this, we will then follow up and have discussions around meeting schedules and proposed activities.
It is our hope that these User groups will be independently run. These will be volunteer groups that meet on a regular basis to discuss and share information on a variety of technical topics. This will be an excellent, inexpensive way to receive technical content, meet with peers and like minded individuals to get more out of the different products, technologies, and resources that one is interested in.
No comments yet
Leave a Reply
- Open Data in Developing Countries -Monitoring and Evaluation study on Kenyan OD technologies
- Understanding The edTech Ecosystem in Kenya – Wireless Wednesday Recap
- NRBUZZ: DIGITIZING MARKET RESEARCH
- FIRE Programme Awards 2013: Submit your applications by May 31st
- Tech Meets Conservation Meetup: