iHub By Patrick Munyi / December 6, 2011
Crowdpesa, a mobile money mapping system that enables its users to find the nearest M-PESA agent,KRA payment point, ATM or Bank, is scheduled to launch officially on December 14, 2011. The Event will be hosted at the iHub Nairobi and will start at 6 p.m. Various representatives from the Information Technology industry and the Financial Sector are expected to grace the occasion.
Crowdpesa provides users with the convenience of locating financial and mobile money distribution points so as to allow for faster and more efficient transactions such as sending, saving and receiving money. The system uses a Geographic Information System (GIS) to locate their users on a map. It then proceeds to give them a list of financial distribution points closest from where they are. The user also receives a calculated distance from the service and the shortest possible route to the service.
Through its crowdsourcing model users can add new distribution points, take photos of distribution points and provide ratings and comments for the same. The system also provides crowd data analysis and periodical reports on findings on the crowdpesa platform. The crowdsourcing element and mapping aspect is supported by the Ushahidi platform.
Crowdpesa is available as a downloadable mobile application and also on the web platform www.crowdpesa.com
To attend this launch.. Register HERE!
Nick Hargreaves at 09:08:22AM Wednesday, December 7, 2011
very innovative, a mobile app will make it more practical since potential users are more likely to be on the moveReply
kamos at 08:48:25AM Thursday, December 8, 2011
The truth: Who would care to get location of next Mpesa point, while there so many Mpesa shops,Reply
you walk in th streets and there are everywhere
Leave a Reply
- .NET Meetup: Focus on Application Lifecycle Management | Wednesday, 29th May | 6 – 7:30 pm | iHub
- Social Entrepreneurship Happy Hour, Featuring Sanergy | Tuesday 28th May, 2013 | 6:30 – 8:30 pm | iHub
- Open Data in Developing Countries -Monitoring and Evaluation study on Kenyan OD technologies
- Understanding The edTech Ecosystem in Kenya – Wireless Wednesday Recap
- CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – 2013 L’Oreal-UNESCO: Regional fellowship for Women in Science in Sub-Saharan Africa