iHub By Jessica Colaço / November 24, 2011
Hands-on UX Workshop
m:lab East Africa will host a hands-on UX (user experience) workshop on 8th December 2011 from 10 am to 1 pm at the iHub.
This workshop is a follow-up to a recent Wireless Wednesday event that focused on User Experience research for startups. The event will be a practical step-by-step session testing the usability of mobile applications.
The event will be led by Bridget McGraw, who has been working on user interface designs since 1994 and is intended to help developers increase the usability of their products.
As such, interested participants will need to have a functional mobile application that they would like to test.
We will offer two levels of attendance: “Product Owners” and “Testers”.
If you would like to participate as a “Product Owner”, kindly send:
- A screen shot of your application,
- 2-3 sentences describing your project, and
- A task that you want your user to perform using the application
Please send these three items to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 Noon on Thursday, 1st December 2011. Approved applications will receive an invitation to register for the event.
If you would like to participate as a “Tester”, please send an email expressing interest to email@example.com.
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- [Sale] Say Hi to the Pi
- ICT and Governance in East Africa : Preliminary Fieldwork Findings (Part 1) Kampala and Fort Portal (Uganda)
- Umati’s Tech Evolution
- Entrepreneurship forum with Dr. Bitange Ndemo – 23rd August
- “Soft Skills?” More like Strong Skills
Tag Cloudafrica Akirachix apps community dangerous speech design developers Entrepreneurship event fireside chat ict iHub iHubResearch (R@iHub) Innovation Intel kenya m:lab microsoft mobile nairobi open data outreach PIVOT25 Research Social Entrepreneurship startups Tech Technology training Umati
- Tenets and Traps of Usability Training
- Emoji discrimination?
- Intel – Google Developer Group Meetup: “Building Apps 101: Know Your Audience” | Saturday 15th February, 2013 | 9:30 am – 5:00 pm | iHub
- AfricaHackTrip meets Nairobi Hack Scene
- What African countries can teach the rest of the world (and what it can learn)