Uncategorized By Patrick Munyi / November 21, 2011
Convergence Africa Conference & Investor Speed Dating
Convergence Africa brings together CEOs, thought leaders and investors from across the continent, and delves deeply into today’s business issues to produce insights and enable investors to connect with some of Africa’s leading companies.
This one-day conference on the 8th of December,2011 is designed to be informative, practical, actionable and valuable. In addition to headline keynote speakers representing the champions of entrepreneurship on the continent, the heart of the conference is a series of Master Classes, conducted by experts in their fields, covering the topics that matter most to entrepreneurs, investors and policy-makers.
The conference will culminate in an exclusive session designed to match enlightened investors and a selection of the brightest entrepreneurs and their businesses in a series of rapid-fire meetings – Investor Speed Dating. Fifteen VC and Private Equity firms from across Africa and overseas will each hear four pitches from amongst 30 pre-qualified potential ‘investee’ companies.
There are three great reasons to attend Convergence Africa:
- Participate in two Master Classes with Africa’s Business Leaders.
- Pitch your business plan directly to investors in our Investor Speed Dating sessions.
- Expand your network of fellow entrepreneurs, investors, business leaders and policy-makers.
Investor Speed Dating – Pitch Your SME
This programme brings together entrepreneurs and investors in a series of rapid-fire pitches. Over the course of just two hours, 15 venture capital and private equity firms will hear presentations from more than 30 pre-qualified entrepreneurs seeking funding for their businesses.
Participants will be selected from previous entrants to the Africa Awards for Entrepreneurship and also from others that are a close match for the investment profiles of the funders.
In order to maximise the effectiveness of this programme, we want to match the needs of funders and entrepreneurs as closely as possible. If you are interested in participating, please download the appropriate PDF (Entrepreneur Application Form & Investor Application Form) and provide as much of the following information as you can. Details should be sent to email@example.com.
For more information on Investor Speed Dating, click here
To view the agenda for the Convergence Conference, click here
No comments yet
Leave a Reply
- .NET Meetup: Focus on Application Lifecycle Management | Wednesday, 29th May | 6 – 7:30 pm | iHub
- Social Entrepreneurship Happy Hour, Featuring Sanergy | Tuesday 28th May, 2013 | 6:30 – 8:30 pm | iHub
- Open Data in Developing Countries -Monitoring and Evaluation study on Kenyan OD technologies
- Understanding The edTech Ecosystem in Kenya – Wireless Wednesday Recap
- CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – 2013 L’Oreal-UNESCO: Regional fellowship for Women in Science in Sub-Saharan Africa