iHub By Patrick Munyi / October 12, 2011
Apps4Africa Eastern Africa: Regional Opening
The 2011 Apps4Africa: Climate Challenge competition begins in East Africa on 19th October, 2011 at the iHub in Nairobi. Winners will receive prizes, including cash awards. Challenge partners, including TED conferences and Indigo Trust, may contribute technical assistance, prizes, and follow-on support for the new applications created by this competition.
The Climate Challenge centres around several strategic themes that coincide with policy decisions that will be debated and decided upon by world leaders at the 17th United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (COP17) conference in Durban, South Africa. The benefit of this is that it increases the chance that competition participants will find very eager decision makers eager to try, recommend, and otherwise support the applications and projects developed for the competition.
To register to take part in the challenge, follow this link
To mentor participating teams in the challenge, follow this link
To attend this challenge, register here
No comments yet
Leave a Reply
- Open Data in Developing Countries -Monitoring and Evaluation study on Kenyan OD technologies
- Understanding The edTech Ecosystem in Kenya – Wireless Wednesday Recap
- NRBUZZ: DIGITIZING MARKET RESEARCH
- FIRE Programme Awards 2013: Submit your applications by May 31st
- Tech Meets Conservation Meetup: