iHub By Patrick Munyi / July 26, 2011
WordPress User Group Meetup
WordPress is an open source blog tool and publishing platform powered by PHP and MySQL. It’s often customized into a Content Management System (CMS). It has many features including a plug-in architecture and a template system. WordPress is used by over 14% of the 1,000,000 biggest websites.
WordPress was born out of a desire for an elegant, well-architectured personal publishing system licensed under the GPLv2 (or later). It is the official successor of b2/cafelog. WordPress is fresh software, but its roots and development go back to 2001. It is a mature and stable product. By focusing on user experience and web standards they have created a tool different from anything else out there.
In Kenya, we have an active community of both developers, bloggers and designers who use WordPress on a day to day basis. For this reason, we decided that it would be good to start up a WordPress User Group. We will be having the second user group meeting on Tuesday the 26th of July 2011 starting 6pm.
The following topics will be discussed during the meet-up:
- Website examples of WordPress being used as a CMS.
- Guiding beginners on how to use WordPress as a CMS.
- We will have someone from Sprint Interactive to give a talk on the same.
- How to integrate with plugins & themes.
See you then..
No comments yet
Leave a Reply
- .NET Meetup: Focus on Application Lifecycle Management | Wednesday, 29th May | 6 – 7:30 pm | iHub
- Social Entrepreneurship Happy Hour, Featuring Sanergy | Tuesday 28th May, 2013 | 6:30 – 8:30 pm | iHub
- Open Data in Developing Countries -Monitoring and Evaluation study on Kenyan OD technologies
- Understanding The edTech Ecosystem in Kenya – Wireless Wednesday Recap
- CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – 2013 L’Oreal-UNESCO: Regional fellowship for Women in Science in Sub-Saharan Africa