iHub By Jessica Colaço / July 26, 2011
WordPress User Group Meetup
WordPress is an open source blog tool and publishing platform powered by PHP and MySQL. It’s often customized into a Content Management System (CMS). It has many features including a plug-in architecture and a template system. WordPress is used by over 14% of the 1,000,000 biggest websites.
WordPress was born out of a desire for an elegant, well-architectured personal publishing system licensed under the GPLv2 (or later). It is the official successor of b2/cafelog. WordPress is fresh software, but its roots and development go back to 2001. It is a mature and stable product. By focusing on user experience and web standards they have created a tool different from anything else out there.
In Kenya, we have an active community of both developers, bloggers and designers who use WordPress on a day to day basis. For this reason, we decided that it would be good to start up a WordPress User Group. We will be having the second user group meeting on Tuesday the 26th of July 2011 starting 6pm.
The following topics will be discussed during the meet-up:
- Website examples of WordPress being used as a CMS.
- Guiding beginners on how to use WordPress as a CMS.
- We will have someone from Sprint Interactive to give a talk on the same.
- How to integrate with plugins & themes.
See you then..
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- AMI SELF-MANAGEMENT TRAINING, Tuesday, August 12, 2014
- Safari Tales: The App that Tells Stories
- [Meetup] Tech Meets Conservation 07
- Wireless Wednesday – How can mobile technology encourage information sharing within agricultural value chains
- Why the Maker Movement