m:lab By Simeon Oriko / July 21, 2011
Wireless Wednesday Recap – Tonny Omwansa on Mobile Money
Yesterday the m:lab hosted the first of a series of focus-group events dubbed Wireless Wednesday. We hosted Mr. Tonny Omwansa, a lecturer at the University of Nairobi (an m:lab consortium member), who is currently writing a book on the Mobile Money Industry.
The discussions we’re based on four major talking points:
- Bottom of the Pyramid (BoP) is where to start on Mobile Money
- Most Mobile Money flows within family units or among friends so products for individuals will not fly.
- Without proper execution, the product will not fly – however superior the product is
- Solve Global problems using local context – not the other way around.
The major talking points centred on mobile money transfer patterns and flow channels that mainly revolve around family units. One proposition centred on building mobile money services around flow channels and groups rather than individuals.
To find out more about Wireless Wednesday, read our previous blog post on it here and if you wish to participate in similar future events, email me on email@example.com
No comments yet
Leave a Reply
- Understanding The edTech Ecosystem in Kenya – Wireless Wednesday Recap
- NRBUZZ: DIGITIZING MARKET RESEARCH
- FIRE Programme Awards 2013: Submit your applications by May 31st
- Tech Meets Conservation Meetup:
- Designers’ community at the iHub UX lab