iHub By Jessica Colaço / July 17, 2011
Invitation to Young World Inventors Twitter Chat
We are thrilled to announce a Twitter Chat on July 29, 11am for fans of Just a Band, Kuweni Serious, Members of the iHub, Afrinnovator, NaiLab, and Media Focus on Africa, to expand audience for YoungWorldInventors.com and web stories of young innovators.We need your ideas, questions and links! We will coordinate the discussion at Media Focus, new partners for YWI. Each group’s blogger will participate and add resources, ideas…
We are building audience support for webisodes of 3+ minutes about African innovators that inspire and provide how-to guidance – how to develop ideas, organize teams, find mentorship, etc. We need wisdom from the fans of the groups above to guide us. Diane Hendrix of YoungWorldInventors.com is telling stories of Innovators working across cultures in Africa and the US. Our audiences are young innovators on both continents. We plan to show videos in live and online audiences in Africa and America to trigger more high and low tech solutions to social problems. Do you think stories can trigger innovation?
So join us for a Twitter Chat on July 29th, 11 am to discuss the Qs below:
Use hashtag #socent after each tweet, so we can post a summary of the discussion (twapperkeeper)
Moderated by Jordan at Media Focus/Tech Change, our questions are:
- What social innovation or start-ups have impressed you? best aspects?
- What are the biggest challenges to starting a sustainable enterprise?
- What resources do you know about (or stories) for mentorship, incubation, team building and $upport?
- How might we connect with more individuals who are interested in becoming social innovators?
Just a Band agreed to do music for Young World Inventors. YWI is raising funds from US investors and their Kickstarter campaign. You can help by donating ($1 or more) and passing the word along. Thanks for sharing ideas! Let us know if you want to do this again, and we’ll try to make it happen, across continents.
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Success Through Failure – Third Time’s The Charm!
- August Kids Hacker Camp: Maker-Breaker Day
- < Job hunting for techies 101 > – How it went down
- Wireless Wednesday- Opportunities and Challenges for Adoption of mHealth Solutions in Kenya
- 6 Things A Nairobi Matatu Tout Can Teach You About Business