iHub By Hilda Moraa / June 16, 2011
Winners of Pivot25 Announced!
The crowd waited with much anticipation last night (June 15, 2011) as evening fell on the successful completion of the two-day “conf-etition” at Ole Sereni Hotel (Nairobi Kenya). Their patience was rewarded when the winners of Pivot25 2011 were announced with great fanfare. Winners of each category received 5,000 USD, a Nokia N8 phone, and Samsung 640GB hard drive. The overall winner received 25,000 USD and a free trip to pitch at the Demo Conference in the USA (worth worth over $20,000 USD).
Congratulations to all who participated in Pivot25 2011 and a special hand to the winners.
Overall Winner: MEDKenya (www.medkenya.com)
MEDKenya is platform that provides symptom checkers, first-aid information, doctor & hospital directories as well as relevant alert services. The service aims to make healthcare information affordable and accessible to Kenyans. Health is a universal need that forms part of Vision 2030 and the Millennium Development Goals. The project is a collaboration between Gruppo Potente and Shimba
Winners by Category
Mobile Payments/Commerce: M-Shop by MTL Systems
Mobile Health: MedKenya by Shimba Technologies
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Eneza Education Graduates out of Incubation Program
- Be a part of the BBC “World have your say” radio show airing at iHub
- Bad judgement – Experience – Good judgement.
- Calling all Kenyan startups to attend Ventureburn Meetup
- What Tracking Misinformation in Tana Delta Entails
Tag Cloudafrica Akirachix apps community dangerous speech design developers Entrepreneurship event fireside chat ict iHub iHubResearch (R@iHub) Innovation Intel kenya m:lab microsoft mobile nairobi open data PIVOT25 Research Social Entrepreneurship startups Tech Technology training Umati ushahidi
- Pivot25 Day 2 Fireside Chat on the State of Venture Capital and the African Startup
- Pivot25 Day 2 Presentation by Ken Mwenda of eMobilis
- Google Presentation by Dennis Gikunda, Senior Program Manager for Google, Sub-Saharan Africa
- Pivot25 Day 2 Samsung presentation by Robert Ngeru, Commerial Director East and Central Africa
- Pivot25 Fireside Chat on the Role of Government in ICT and Private Stakeholder Participation