Uncategorized By Hilda Moraa / June 15, 2011
Pivot25 Day 2 Samsung presentation by Robert Ngeru, Commerial Director East and Central Africa
On the second day of Pivot25, Robert Ngeru, Commercial Director of East and Central Africa, briefly presented the latest news from Samsung including its current largest project, “Samsung Chat,” a free Samsung-to-Samsung device chat service.
Samsung focuses on creating solutions for the societies we live in, with a “Build for Africa” theme. The company is supporting many initiatives with local drive and different strategies and is also a big supporter of m:Lab and other local universities.
Samsung supports Android strongly. Last year, 10 million devices were shipped on Android, and Samsung is working on furthering Android aggressively.
Samsung’s largest current project is the Samsung Chat. One can chat with any other Samsung device around the world, free of charge. Samsung Chat is SMS-based.
A developers contest is coming out soon in mid-July, and all developers are welcome.
The biggest drive globally is smart phones. Samsung has come up with the new Galaxy S2, set to come out next month. The device will be thinner than the previous Galaxy and is organized to be more intuitive. Tablets are also a focus. Next week, Samsung is launching a new 10.1 inch tablet that operates both as a tablet and also as a phone. The tablet uses Android, has dual Wi-fi, 1.2 processor, and all Microsoft Office applications are free on the tablet.
Samsung is always looking to partner with other local teams to create innovations that will build innovation in Africa.
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Intel Shark Tank: Wednesday 11th December, 2013 | 5 – 8 pm | iHub
- This week at iHub
- Airtel Money Developer Session Wednesday 4th Dec from 1:30-5:30pm
- Marketing and PR with Patricia Mbatia on Monday 2nd Dec from 3pm
- IBM Research – Africa @ Nairobi Research Buzz
Tag Cloudafrica apps community design developers Entrepreneurship event ict iHub iHubResearch (R@iHub) Innovation Intel kenya launch Meetups microsoft mobile nairobi open data outreach PIVOT25 Research Social Entrepreneurship startups talks Tech Technology training Umati women
- Winners of Pivot25 Announced!
- Pivot25 Day 2 Fireside Chat on the State of Venture Capital and the African Startup
- Pivot25 Day 2 Presentation by Ken Mwenda of eMobilis
- Google Presentation by Dennis Gikunda, Senior Program Manager for Google, Sub-Saharan Africa
- Pivot25 Fireside Chat on the Role of Government in ICT and Private Stakeholder Participation