Uncategorized By Hilda Moraa / June 14, 2011
Nokia Presentation by Kenneth Oyolla GM, Nokia East and Southern Africa
Nokia’s GM for East and Southern Africa, Kennedy Oyolla, spoke on Day 1 of Pivot25 about the role of Nokia in developing the mobile space in the region. Nokia is glad to be part of the innovation eco-system and connecting people from the furthest parts of the world. Africa is showing tremendous growth in terms of new mobile solutions in the market.
-Over the last 6 months they have had 3million downloads, half a million happening from the Ovi store.
-Today, Nokia has 190 million active users, majority are Ovi and others are from services like Skype. In a few months time, Ovi store is transitioning from Ovi store to Nokia store.
- In the Middle East and Africa, Ovi store is the biggest application store with over 100 operators in different countries supporting billing. Today, 70% of materials in Ovi store are free.
- Nokia has more that 300 publishers in over 100 countries.
- Nokia has just launched a new product in the market, “Tune wiki” that has been downloaded in more than 133 countries in the first 3 days in the store.
- There is a great opportunity today and tomorrow in Symbian and Java platforms: with 75 million installed-based Symbian and 150 million future shipments.
Nokia challenges all developers to create applications with Forum Nokia via m:Lab incubation. One perk of m:Lab incubation is that developers will be able to test their applications with different phones offered by Nokia. Nokia is also willing to assist developers through cross-listing in different digital channels.
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Announcing Barcamp Nairobi 2014!
- [Sign up] August 2014 Graphic Design Bootcamp!
- [Crowdfunding Opportunity] Jumpstart Africa Accepting Projects
- BlackBerry Enterprise Server 10 For You
- First Pan-African Women in Tech Meetup
Tag Cloudafrica Akirachix apps community dangerous speech design developers Entrepreneurship event gaming ict iHub iHubResearch (R@iHub) Innovation Intel kenya m:lab microsoft mobile nairobi open data outreach PIVOT25 Research Social Entrepreneurship startups Tech Technology training Umati
- Winners of Pivot25 Announced!
- Pivot25 Day 2 Fireside Chat on the State of Venture Capital and the African Startup
- Pivot25 Day 2 Presentation by Ken Mwenda of eMobilis
- Google Presentation by Dennis Gikunda, Senior Program Manager for Google, Sub-Saharan Africa
- Pivot25 Day 2 Samsung presentation by Robert Ngeru, Commerial Director East and Central Africa