iHub By Jessica Colaço / March 14, 2011
iHub One Year Anniversary Recap
On Friday the 11th of March 2011 at 6pm, the iHub community celebrated iHub’s one year anniversary. We had 250 people in the space to grace this special and awesome occasion. According to Erik Hersman – the iHub founder we have accomplished the following:
- At least 12 companies formed off of relationships made in the space.
- We have 4 outstanding corporate partners (Wananchi, Google, Nokia, Microsoft)
- 3 companies found funding through investors that came through the iHub.
- 2 funding partners who took a gamble (Omidyar Network and Hivos).
- 1 iHub Foosball championship team.
We also launched the iHub Research arm and will announce a mentorship programme very soon. Big things are happening in this space.
We have transformed from a bare open space:
To a technology community of 3,087 members and growing…:
Here are a few photos (special thanks to Jonathan Kalan) of that evening:
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Register now for the Kenya Lean Series
- think Incubator looking for Innovative startups!
- Success Through Failure – Third Time’s The Charm!
- August Kids Hacker Camp: Maker-Breaker Day
- < Job hunting for techies 101 > – How it went down