iHub By Jessica Colaço / March 7, 2011
6 Finnish ICT companies @iHubNairobi
Finpro is an association founded by Finnish companies. Their aim is to guarantee that Finnish small and medium size companies have access to high quality, comprehensive internationalization services around the world. There are six innovative and award winning Finnish ICT companies that are looking for business partners in Kenya in a project that is funded by World Bank and Nokia among others.
Finpro and iHub will facilitate a round table discussion at iHub with Kenyan company representatives from the iHub community and Finnish CEOs of these ICT companies on the 7th of March 2011 from 3.30 pm - 5.00 pm. The objectives of this meetup are to discuss:
- General understanding on how the ICT industry is being promoted and incubated at iHub and mLab
- General exchange of views on how the Finnish ICT industry could contribute to Kenyan ICT industry – what are the potential areas of collaboration and areas of growth in Kenyan ICT industry
- Networking to establish new contacts and exchange ideas within the business communities.
A list of the Finnish companies and the Kenyan companies will be provided later this week on our blog.
$i = 1; ?>
Jonathan Marks at 12:13:01PM Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Just back from a trip to Helsinki myself. Its great to hear that Nokia is thinking outside the box again. They definitely need a new strategy at the moment.Reply
Mikul Shah at 12:03:36PM Thursday, March 10, 2011
Didn’t manage to make it to the event. Is there a possibility to get further details on the companies?Reply
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Bad judgement – Experience – Good judgement.
- Calling all Kenyan startups to attend Ventureburn Meetup
- What Tracking Misinformation in Tana Delta Entails
- Latin ‘desired things’
- [Podcast] M:lab East Africa Interview with Sheilah Birgen