iHub By Tosh / February 24, 2011
Larry Wall @iHubNairobi Update!
We are very honoured to have Larry wall the author of the Perl Programming Language as our guest speaker for this Month’s Fireside Chat!
Larry earned his bachelor’s degree from Seattle Pacific University in 1976 and is a graduate from UC Berkeley. He joined the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory after he finished graduate school. He is the co-author of Programming Perl (often referred to as the Camel Book), which is the definitive resource for Perl programmers.
Perl is used for graphics programming, system administration, network programming, finance, bioinformatics, and other applications. Perl is nicknamed “the Swiss Army chainsaw of programming languages” due to its flexibility and power.
No comments yet
Leave a Reply
- Characteristics of Incident Reporters on Twitter
- Pivot East 2013 Finalists.
- .NET Meetup: Focus on Application Lifecycle Management | Wednesday, 29th May | 6 – 7:30 pm | iHub
- Social Entrepreneurship Happy Hour, Featuring Sanergy | Tuesday 28th May, 2013 | 6:30 – 8:30 pm | iHub
- Open Data in Developing Countries -Monitoring and Evaluation study on Kenyan OD technologies