iHub By Jessica Colaço / February 23, 2011
Computers Vs Smartphones in Schools
Computers in Schools – Wouldn’t smart phones be better?
With all the hype around getting laptops, desktops, big computers of any kind into Kenyan schools, what about mobile phones? Might smart phones, with their easy of use and growing screen size be a better tool for students? Say one iPhone per child or one iPad per teenager?
Smartphones for schools could be more viable (cost, personable, and battery life) than computers. Yet computers have the form factor, training programs, and applications for education.
Smartphones for Education
a conversation with Wayan Vota
Friday, March 4th, 9-11am @iHubNairobi
Bishop Magua Centre
George Padmore Lane
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- StartUp Series Episode 1: The Hustler
- 10 signs your work placement or internship is a ‘keeper’
- THE SINAPIS ENTREPRENEURSHIP PROGRAM
- [ RSVP]Mobile + Big Data – Harnessing the Power of a Contextual Experience
- m:lab East Africa and SoftLayer to work together on Mobile Impact Ventures Program