iHub By Jessica Colaço / February 23, 2011
Computers Vs Smartphones in Schools
Computers in Schools – Wouldn’t smart phones be better?
With all the hype around getting laptops, desktops, big computers of any kind into Kenyan schools, what about mobile phones? Might smart phones, with their easy of use and growing screen size be a better tool for students? Say one iPhone per child or one iPad per teenager?
Smartphones for schools could be more viable (cost, personable, and battery life) than computers. Yet computers have the form factor, training programs, and applications for education.
Smartphones for Education
a conversation with Wayan Vota
Friday, March 4th, 9-11am @iHubNairobi
Bishop Magua Centre
George Padmore Lane
No comments yet
- iHub Cluster
- iHub Consulting
- iHub Research
- iHub Robotics
- iHub UXlab
- Success Through Failure – Third Time’s The Charm!
- August Kids Hacker Camp: Maker-Breaker Day
- < Job hunting for techies 101 > – How it went down
- Wireless Wednesday- Opportunities and Challenges for Adoption of mHealth Solutions in Kenya
- 6 Things A Nairobi Matatu Tout Can Teach You About Business