iHub By Jessica Colaco / November 2, 2010
Thanks to a grant recently awarded by UnLtd and Nominet Trust and to the collaboration of the Universidad Internacional de Andalucía (UNIA), Wikichains.com will redesign its site interface and introduce some new features.
In order to select the professional/s who will develop and implement these redesign, they are launching a competition that will allow designers and programmers to submit bids to work on these changes. They are looking for proposals that will provide us with an approximate image of the final product. Such graphic “prototypes” must be based on the use of the MediaWiki content management system, on which the current version of WikiChains is based. Feel free to suggest improvements with regard to any aspect of Wikichains.com. In addition to the innovative character, visual attractive and compliance with the current MediaWiki template standards, the jury will also value positively proposals including solutions for:
- access to the site by means of mobile devices,
- connections with UPC codes and bar codes,
- integration of other external services that may be useful for the aims of the project,
- facilitating visualization of commodity chains (for example through use of maps).
Submissions will be judged by an international panel and the selected proposal will be awarded a prize of 3000 € . Full details of the competition and submission process are available at http://pcd.unia.es/wikichains The deadline for receipt of submissions is January 31, 2011. Wikichains is a charity registered by the OSCR (charity number SC04155)
Tweets that mention wikichains.wikidesign.competition *iHub_ -- Topsy.com at 14:14:42PM Wednesday, November 3, 2010
[...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Natacha I, William Warero. William Warero said: wikichains.wikidesign.competition http://t.co/XYoIHGn @WordTracer via @IhubNairobi [...]Reply
Leave a Reply
- .NET Meetup: Focus on Application Lifecycle Management | Wednesday, 29th May | 6 – 7:30 pm | iHub
- Social Entrepreneurship Happy Hour, Featuring Sanergy | Tuesday 28th May, 2013 | 6:30 – 8:30 pm | iHub
- Open Data in Developing Countries -Monitoring and Evaluation study on Kenyan OD technologies
- Understanding The edTech Ecosystem in Kenya – Wireless Wednesday Recap
- CALL FOR APPLICATIONS – 2013 L’Oreal-UNESCO: Regional fellowship for Women in Science in Sub-Saharan Africa